So I've been really interested in making a Spanish potato tortilla (you know, the bake thing made of eggs, not a tortilla wrap), but I've been doing a no complex carbs week - therefore, I swapped the potato for cauliflower.
This is a surprisingly filling dish that is so quick and easy to make and, it easily fed 4 people.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cauliflower about 4 inches diameter
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 shallots
- seasoning of your choice: I used Himalayan salt, crushed black pepper and paprika.
Whats the process?
- Blend the cauliflower until it looks like cous cous
- Mix the eggs in with the cauliflower
- Add healthy amounts of salt (Himalayan) and pepper (black, crushed)
- Put into an oven proof container
- Cut the shallots in half and lightly place on top of the mixture
- Lightly place the cherry tomatoes into the mixture
- Put the container in a pre-heated 180degree oven until it browns up:
- push a knife in the center to check if the mix is ready: the knife will be clear if done, have mixture on if not
- Take the container out and leave to cool for about 10 mins
- Finally, serve.
- I served mine with a healthy dashing of paprika, Greek side salad... and a bucks fizz; why not, eh?
(This makes 4 servings - calories per serving 104 - not including the Greek salad and bucks fizz)
If you're crazy and want to burn those 104kcals back off (why?!?!?!?!?!) then partake in one of these activities:
- Do yoga for 20 mins
- Play Frisbee for 30 mins
- Weed your garden for 18 mins
- Wash your car for 20 mins
- Spend 40 minutes cleaning up everyone's dishes from this delicious meal you made them... joke, they can do the washing up!
(Based on a 150lbs person)