Yesterday I spent a lovely afternoon making these guilt-free muffins. They were simple, quick and delicious!
There are all sorts of variations you can make - mixed berry, cacao, orange and plum - the possibilities are endless, just switch 'My fruit base' and 'My topping' for whatever you fancy; the fun is in the testing.
- The 'batter'
- 4 small bananas
- 3 eggs
- My fruit base
- 8 physalis
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 apple
- My topping
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1/2 squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Freedom fruit syrup
What's the process?
- Blend the bananas (I used a nutri bullet)
- Crack the eggs and spoon out the passionfruit
- Add both into the banana mixture then blend together
- Cut apple the apple into small half circles and spread evenly in 8 section muffin tray
- Put one physalis in the centre of each section of the muffin tray
- Pour the banana/egg/passionfruit evenly over the 8 sections
- Bake in a pre-heated 200degree oven for 12-15 mins until golden brown
- Whilst the mixture is baking, put the desiccated coconut, poppy seeds, squeezed lemon and syrup in a bowl and mix
- When the muffins have been removed from the oven and cooled, spoon the topping over the muffins and enjoy!
(This makes 8 mini muffins - calories per serving: 110... and guilt-free!)
If this was a little afternoon treat and you'd like to burn it back off, do one of these activities:
- 20 minutes of vacuuming and dusting
- 20 minutes of gardening
- Instead of sitting down, stand up whilst working for 1 hour
(Based on a 150lbs person)