VMA 2011 Make up watch.

You've seen Lady Gaga unleash her inner masculinity, Beyonce's baby bump and even Justin Beiber's snake! This year's VMA's was a biggie, but I'm here to show you what you might have missed. Yes it's my event make up watch! I haven't done this since my post on the grammy's which seemed to go down well, so without further a-do here are my favourite looks from the VMA 2011!


Image sourced from weheartit.com.

Oh Nicki. I might not have loved your outfit but I can't help but love your make up. I'm a sucker for bright colours and this electric blue is no disappointment! Pastel coloured lippy for that candy coated look was unfortunately covered by some sort of anime surgical mask for most of the night! Although this wasn't my favourite look, it certainly was a memorable one!


Image Source.

Jessie J bless her heart! I can't believe she soldiered on and still turned up with her broken foot.
As per usual Jessie J was rocking her bad girl smokey eye. Adding drama by bringing her liquid liner to a point passed her eye duct. Jewels stuck at both the corners of her eyes sure made the look more glam but by the end of the night, pictures showed gems only at the inner corners of her eyes. Potentially a malfunction, which shows maybe this wasn't the most practical look after all!


Image sourced from weheartit.com.

I'm not a Miley fan to be honest but I have to say she looked gorgeous on the night. I think with such a striking dress it's important to not go over the top with make up which Miley certainly did not do. She looked very natural with soft bronze hues and subtle liquid liner.


Image sourced from weheartit.com.

There was something slightly pin up about Katy Perry on the night. Her lids were lined with lavander smoke and a dash of black liner. On the lips was a rosey tint which added to the versatility of the look. After all, she did wear 4 outfits! Overall the look seemed effortless and I'm guessing this is because of Katy's natural beauty shining through.


Imaged sourced from MTV.com

Also looking perfect in purple was Kim Kardashian. Since this colour was so different to her outfit, the shade really made her eyes pop. Teamed with neutral lipgloss this look does not look over done and the colours really compliment her skin tone.


Imaged sourced from MTV.com

I have no shame in saying I'm a fan of Jersey Shore! J Woww might not earn points in my book for her sun scorched skin, but her eye make up was fantastic! Although it wasn't to everyone's taste I loved her dramatic 'cat women' style eyes. I also sense a homage to the late Amy Winehouse, who would wear over the top eyeliner flicks along the same lines as the look above.

So there you have it. A few of my favourite looks. Did I mention any of yours?

Love J.