Friend Folio; Jordan Shepley




This is Jordan Shepley, I have been great friends with him for 6 years now, and he is definatly an up-and-coming name in the fashion industry.


1. future aspirations?

My future aspirations are to follow, my local and global knowledge of fashion. My short term objectives are to gain work within a fashion magazine as a fashion editor. My long term objectives are to be a member of the fashion society. I just hope my aspirations are reached.


This is a photograph of Jordan, sat in Green Park, after he and I went on a long shopping spree around London.
2. favourite stores?

MY favourite store is Zara, I love the simplistic style they have throughout their range of clothes. I tend to stick to online sites such as Virginblack.com and Asos.com.
Another site I enjoy is http://www.yesstyle.com/ , this is a Japanese online store, which I truly love. I love the range of harem pants they do as I have a dirty obsession with them. The range of clothing doesn’t seem to be that highly priced either, so it’s a win-win situation for being a student.



3. what you are wearing in this photograph

The Blazer I am wearing is slowbaba of the site YESSTYLE, I find the blazer to be an essential piece of clothing for the summer, it will go with anything from jeans to shorts.
The skinny jeans I am wearing are from Topman.
My boat shoes are from Asos.com , at the moment these are my favourite piece of footwear! These dock-friendly faves are on the feet of countless men and women. But don’t worry – this is not a trend that is limited to those who sail.

4. style inspirations?

I find Ragnar Orav to have a great influence on my clothing; from my style, you can tell we have similar qualities. I tend to take key items I like from other people and try and give it my own little twist. However, there are some inspirations I would love to express but where I live it is very hard. I do tend to do the odd scribble of clothes which have inspired me by art and nature.


5. career inspirations?

My career aspirations are to find a stimulating and challenging position which builds on my university skills and knowledge, as well as professional experience. I am an ambitious individual who wants to learn and develop under the guidance of those who are at the top of their field and then use those skills to become an expert myself.

This is a photograph taken from one of Jordan's earlier photography projects, as you can see, he is modelling himself.

6. what you do in your spare time?

During my spare time, I tend to focus a lot around my photography projects. Lately, I have been focusing on the 1940s and how females were presented during this time in history. I thought this concept would be strong for my project as women were portrayed in so many different ways during this time.
A couple of weeks ago, I visted London with a few friends, I had such a fantastic time. We were definatly fresh eyed upon London city, every person that went by had a past, present and future. I really do hope I move down to the Capital when I finish college as I do feel like I belong there and it is my home. I wonder how many other people have said that before! Ha.

7. favourite music and art?

I don’t think it would appear from my persona but I tend to listen to a lot of RnB/rap music. I really find Nicki Minaj to be rather interesting, yes, she may be similar to lil Kim, it just shows how inspired the girl has been by Lil Kim.
Lady Gaga again is an all time favourite of mine, I just don’t understand how someone can be so talented in 3 different fields of work; MUSIC , ART AND FASHION! She truly is a genius and in my eyes is already an historic iconic figure.
Andy Warhol is one of my favourite contemporary artist, I just love how his work was so simplistic yet it drew you in. Also, the attempts on his life just proved how much people saw this man as a threat.

8. designer vs highstreet?

My favourite designer has to be Brian Lichtenberg; his unique cut outs, funky angles, out there designs, space age-themed outfits, 80’s inspired merchandise. All these properties are what make him such a great designer. My favourite piece of work by Litchtenberg would have to be his metallic leggings and tank tops.

My favourite high street store would have to be Zara, this store has so much to offer from t-shirts, to jeans, to shoes; all for a low price! I can always find something in this store that is very similar to that seen on the catwalks.

I do like both designer and high street; I love designer wear as it shows how much detail and effort these designers put into there work. I do think the high street has a lot to offer for its low prices, such as, Camden market; if you have never been there you must go-the bargains you will find are great, you may even come across some vintage Chanel dress'for around 100 pounds.

9. style secrets?

All the websites I have mentioned before are so great;
Virginblack.com
Asos.com.
Another site i enjoy is http://www.yesstyle.com/


10. style tips?

Hmm… all I can say tips wise, is dress how you want; express your feelings through your clothing, don’t be afraid to stand out from a crowd.




11. who took these photos of you and friend Nina?

The Photographer who had taken the photos of me and my friend Nina was Sara Reid. Her work can be seen here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/theskyfell/

12. whats yout tumblr link? email?

My tumblr link is http://www.jordanshepley.tumblr.com
Email : jordanshepley@hotmail.co.uk

13. and anything else interestinggggg

I wish everyone the best in life ;D


Love K