In my opinion, homemade soup is probably one of the easiest and healthiest meals to make; there is no skill or expertise required.
To mix it up, I've been trying a few different veggies and spices, adding a bit of uniqueness to my bowls. My most recent is this chilli celeriac soup - which turned out to be a delicious dish.
- 1 whole celeriac
- 1/2 floret of broccoli
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 1 large onion
- 5 stalks of celery
- 1/2 a swede
- half tea spoon chilli powder
- two cloves of garlic
- chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
What's the process?
- Cut ... into small pieces
- Peel the top layer of lemon grass off and bruise with a knife
- Boil water with the vegetable stock cube
- Put the veg and lemongrass in the water/stock and boil until the veg is soft
- Remove the lemongrass
- Put the water and the veg and put in a blender
- Sprinkle in chopped garlic, pepper, salt and the chilli powder
- Blend until its the consistency you would like: longer for smooth, shorter for chunky
- Serve up and sprinkle chilli flakes on top (I sprinkled pumpkin and sunflower seeds on too)
- Let the soup warm your insides - perfect for these last few cold nights before spring officially comes.
(This makes 4 portions - calories per portion: 96: and 0000000000% badness)
How can I burn this back off in 10 minutes?
- Do aerobics using an 8 inch step
- Carry heavy boxes or move furniture
- Rapid ice skating
(Based on a 150lbs person)