Well, it's been a while!

It's been so long. Even K was asking where I'd gone. I'm sorry for neglecting this place! I'm such a bad blogger!

I thought I'd just do a quickie blog to let you have a nosey at what I've been up to at uni and what not! With work commitments I lost track of blogging and I've been seriously lacking in inspiration. As you know, I've moved out and I'm currently studying Journalism at Salford Uni. Moving out for the first time and trying to thrust myself into the industry has certainly been an experience. Here's what I got up to!


Left to right: Alice, Me, Jenny (Rachel's chin in the background!)
These are my flat mates. I did have a 4th flat mate, Himzy, but she decided to move back home and switch to a different uni. I can't tell you how glad I am that I have these girls! I was really worried I'd get stuck living with smelly lads, but I really landed lucky with these two.

This is the view from my window. I'm about a 20 minute walk from the Manchester Arndale even though the picture makes it look miles away. I'm actually moving out in a few weeks and I'm going to miss this beautiful view. My accommodation isn't so bad. Normal size bedroom, small kitchen, gross bathroom - but I had to get over my fear of lifts being 9 floors up!

'Freshers fat' is not a myth! Moving out and learning to budget means cheap food and cheap isn't always healthy! I've put on quite a bit of weight, I'm not too fussed but it just goes to show how much living solo changes you physically as well as mentally.

I met the cheeky girls during freshers. Yea, I'm not too sure if this is something to be proud of either!

I met Lower Than Atlantis! That's a bit better isn't it? Actually in love this these lads at the minute. I suggest you guys check them out!

I've been busy interviewing, filming, recording, editing and writing. You name it, I've flipping done it. I'm becoming a bit of a 'jack of all trades'. Don't let people tell you your first year of university isn't hard work. If you want to succeed, it will be. Being a bit of a shy lass - I threw myself out into the deep end. Going up to random people on the street and asking them to come on camera is a hard task you know! All the people that want to be on camera are the ones you don't want, like people saying 'Hi mum!' in the background and giving me the V's. Thanks! There was even this one time our interviews got hijacked by drunk people... but that's a story for another time ;D!

Shorthand has become the bane of my life. I'm currently pushing 70 words per minute, but to pass my NCTJ I need to be at 100. 

I study at Media City. See that criss cross building on the right? That's my one!

So basically guys, I just wanted to show you I've genuinely been busy. I haven't forgotten about you, how could I! For an assignment I had to start a portfolio blog but I've hardly posted on that one either. Tut tut. I'm going to get back into the rhythm of posting as fast as I can.

For now, you bon bons are just going to have to fill me in on what you've been up to! What have I missed!? 

Love J.