TKMaxx Summer 2011 trend event.

If you're following us on twitter you may already know that BVC was invited to the TK Maxx summer fashion event. This being our first PR event, we've tried our best to soak up as much fashion knowledge to feed back to you guys.


The event focused on 6 key trends of this years summer season and what TK Maxx had to offer for each. Every set ranged from luxe labels to indie brands and it was great to see just how diverse one store can be! The first rail we came to was Gold label.

Sweeping through K and I found designer galore. Versace, Moschino, you name it! Now I bet you didn't expect that from your local TK Maxx! As pricey as these items may be in your average boutique TK Maxx offers up to 60% of the RRP, which in my mind poses the question: If I can get it cheaper, why do designers make us pay more?


The second rail was titled Flora Aura. Think Erdem's romantic vision of summer wear and you'll have struck the right cord. K and I found so many great pieces in this rail, including some floral denim shorts that I fell head over heels in love with. I feel there is something so effortless and versatile about floral print. If you're going for the 'Vintage' look or even brave enough to dare double print then perhaps TK Maxx has something for you?


The third rail, Block brights, featured every colour of the rainbow. Colour blocking has hit this summer hard and I've seen some interesting hybrid outfits teaming bright colour blocking and crisp white clothing.

This acid yellow skirt really hit a note for me and K. From it's bold colour to it's gorgeous material, everything about it made us want to take it home to Blackpool! Have any of you Bon bons tried to pull off a colour so shocking?


I have to say that the Seventies rail was my favourite. I'm really loving the boho woodstock revival feel this summer. I found so many pieces that captured my heat in this rail.

This peter pan collar dress and sleeveless jacket combo is just begging to be worn to summer picnics. If it wasn't so white I'd even brave festival season in it too!

We also found this beautiful Lanvin dress. When TKMaxx say 'Big labels small prices', they really do mean it! The RRP for this item is £320, the price in TKMaxx stores is £99. My mind was just totally blown!


Every summer the safari trend creeps back in but TKMaxx restored a little of my faith in this reoccurring trend. Khaki shades and animal print featured heavily here and would look beautiful teamed with tribal themed jewelery. Be sure this trend features in your suitcase this summer.

There was also a little sneak preview of their A/W range!

I think K and I might save that one for another post though! We're awful arn't we!

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Florescent PR and TKMaxx for inviting us along and putting on a great event. A special thanks goes to TKMaxx' Head of PR, Helen Gunter for taking the time to chat with the BVC team.

Love J.