Style icon; Whitney Port

During last summer I became addicted to watching The Hills. (Appart from season 6, I loved Lauren!) Since I want to go into journalism, I was always fascinated by Lauren and Whitney's intern work at Teen Vogue. So as you can guess I was straight onto 'The city', Whitney's own show which followed her internship with none other than Diane Von Furstenberg!


One thing I love about Whitney's style is how she can look good in anything! This outfit for example, jeans, leather jacket, shirt, who can't do that? Whitney turns what would usually be a 'normal' everyday outfit and makes it look gorgeous! Her knowledge of fashion and the runway seems to have taught her alot about how to wear things well, and what to wear that suits her body shape.


Here is Whitney at a resent signing for 'True Whit', her new style advice book.. I love how bright this outfit is. These colours do clash yes, but they clash in a way that works! Infact I've heard through the grapevine that looks like these will be all over the place in summer!!



Note the use of bold patterns. This reflects well on Whitney, as she seems fearless when it comes to experimenting with fashion and starting new trends. Tribal patterns will also be hitting the British Highstreet once again this year so take some tips from Whitney on how to work those shapes!


With all that fashion knowledge it was inevitable that Whitney was going to design her own line, and 'Whitney Eve' was no disappointment. The line reflects Whitney's own daring style and has been greatly commended by critics. The shot above is from her 2010 Spring presentation but you can check out her latest designs here.

Although Whitney has admitted she would rather keep her life private, I suspect we will most definitely not have seen the last of her for a long time! I love Whitney's looks and I'm sure you will too!

That's it for another style icon bon bons! Do we love Whitney? Who else would you like to be featured as a style icon?

Love J.