Urban Decay BOS III, UD hearts NYC - Swatches and review!



I'm trying to throw any bias thoughts out of the window right now. I know that you know I am a huuuuge Urban Decay fan but I am going to be frank and honest in this review, honest!!

I was so excited when I found out this was being released here. This little package was worth the wait! This BOS is a little more bulky than the others. I am pretty sure that this is due to the addition of lights. I though this was a really cute little surprise, it's like having your own little 'bright lights of NYC'!

The palette comes with a travel sized primer potion, 2 eyeliners and 16 eyeshadows.
The shades are;

Top to bottom. Perversion, Uzi, Loaded, Kush


Top to bottom. Midnight cowboy rides again, Last call, Rockstar, Money


Top to bottom. Haight, Maui wowie, Smog, Bordello


Top to bottom. Radium, Snatch, Suspect, Psychedelic sister

I was thinking about a little something Beauty Addict commented on a few days ago. The shades in this palette are very similar to the previous BOS. I do agree with you completely but the more I though the more I realised, there are seven colours in the rainbow and UD has done a pretty good job at squeezing out as many hues and shades as they possibly can don't you think? Plus the advantage of this is that you can mix and match with palettes. For example just the other day I used both my Alice in wonderland palette and the NYC palette together. I have other palettes by companies where I will be admiring the palette but there is just one colour that sticks out and I'm like you shouldn't be here. UD manages to have consistency with its shades, where none look out of place, I love that!

The quality of the product is 10/10. For 34.99 including postage you really do get your moneys worth. The products may not be able to slip discretely into a handbag but still the design on the palette is beautiful and it's contense is amazing. Obviously I would say this is one for the die hard fans but even if you are not fimiliar with the brand and their products I would say give it a go since it is great value for money and you can have great fun experimenting with all the versatile shades!



Keep your eyes glued for upcoming looks and tutorials that I will be doing from this palette!!

Love J.